Monday, August 13, 2007

~iii~

When people are young--they have great ideas of changing everything to suit their individual whims or fancies--their minds burn with eagerness and ideas of destruction and reconstruction are innumerable--but seldom calculated or acted upon.

So it was with me--I missed nothing in my wild-ass pursuit of happiness to adjust the gears of my life to my particular ratio of thought. Nonetheless--as I see it--very little if anything came of it. So--I am left with thoughts of sad failure--a number of yet mentally lingering smarts emanating from the region of my callused behind--a few scars on my heart--and several stacks of unpublished verse that lay glowing like phosphor in the corner of my room in the dead of nights that there is a full moon.

Even in my advanced aging year of twenty--stagnation of my idle mind has set in. So I feel I must get these works published--as I am seriously thinking of getting a job selling life insurance for Metropolitan--or clearing stoppages from the sewers and sweeping streets for the city.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


With mild trepidation--I publish this book for all those who have been so kind to have furnished and bought me all those hot cups of rancid coffee that have ruined my once cast-iron digestive tract.


r.l.loveridge
november 1966
memphis TN



.



No comments: